The current design of the Clip-Air aircraft is composed of two parts:
– A flying wing that includes the cockpit, the motors, and the fuel.
– Up to three flexible modules (capsules) that can carry either passengers, freight, or fuel.
- Maximum dimensions of a capsule: comparable to the fuselage of an A320 with a maximum weight of 30 tons and a length of 30 meters (the length of a train wagon).
- Dimensions of the flying wing: wing-span of 60 meters
- Motors: 3, identical to those of the A320 (Swiss version)
- Passengers: Together, the three modules can carry a total of 450 passengers.